As we’ve been prepping for the twins, I’ve had to relocate my sewing table and stash (along with some thoughtful purging). My new sewing corner was finally usable this weekend, so I was able to finish up some baby sewing.
First, a set of baby snugglers courtesy of Lotta Jansdotter’s free pattern. I found the pattern usable but in need of tweaks. When I stitched up the second one, I used wider Velcro as it seemed more secure (above). I also found the Velcro placement indicators confusing. I used cotton flannel for the shell and cotton jersey for the lining.
I found these lovely scraps and made simple towels from cotton flannel and cotton terry (above). I have bright white terry scraps and other cotton flannel in my stash, so I’m going to make a few more in various sizes as towels can be used for everything as I learned with my first son. Babies always need some kind of clean up!
Finally, I bought two lengths of swaddling cloth at joanns. A quick hemming and wash later, I have two cute swaddling blankets (above). The scraps from squaring it up might be big enough to back some terry for burp clothes or more general towels.
It felt great to whip up a few projects in such a short time. I also made progress on the baby quilts, so I will update you on those when I start the finishing. Happy Monday!